The Bernat blog includes musings from our fantastic bloggers about Bernat Yarns and Patterns. It’s an opportunity to interact with other yarn-lovers and find inspiration.
- Michelle (aka MichelleCrochets) is a brown eyed right-handed mom to a 7 year old blue eyed left-handed girl and is married to a blue eyed left-handed English teacher. Everything in her house is “backward” and full of books but after 12 years of marriage, she barely notices it anymore. And with 10 tote bags full of working crochet projects, can’t really complain. Michelle has been crocheting since she was 8 – taught by grandma, naturally! She taught herself to knit about 5 years ago, but decided that crochet just makes more sense with one hand for hook and one for yarn. Her spare time is consumed with home improvement – as the daughter and granddaughter of carpenters and electricians, is it any wonder?
- Teresa (aka Teresaknits) is a mother, wife, writer and knitter. She actually enjoys long car trips with her two young kids because it usually means uninterrupted knitting time – that is, unless she is behind the wheel. She tries to focus her efforts on only one project at a time, but is considering buying more sets of needles so that she can have several knitting projects going at once.
- Kristin (aka KristinR) is a homemaker, mother and wife who loves the fiber arts. She crochets, knits, and spins, and loves to try new things. Kristin has been crocheting for 18 years, knitting for 4, and spinning for 2. She works part time as a special needs photographer, inspired in part by her beautiful daughter who has Autism. Her hobbies outside of knitting include writing, reading, photography, scrapbooking, sewing, quilting, and cooking. She longs for the day that she can have her own farm and fiber animals, with enough space to garden and play with her family. Kristin loves to listen to audio books while she works, and enjoys trying new patterns and yarns.
- Jen (aka JenWknits) is a busy mom who always finds time to knit! Her knitting projects and yarn stash often threaten to take over the home that she shares with her husband, her 2 daughters and her dog. She is a freelance writer by day (and often night) and she always has multiple projects on the needles to fit any moment that she can squeeze into the day. She can be found knitting socks and mittens while waiting at the bus stop and knitting sweaters and afghans after the children have gone to bed.
- Dina (aka DinaPurls) is a city girl living in the country with her two boys and a husband. Someday she’ll have a cow, pigs, some chickens and sheep of course. Right now she’s biding her time playing with some sticks and string, happily stealing knitting moments when she isn’t working, keeping house or running after the boys.
- Sandy (aka Shandeh) has been knitting since 2003, and can’t imagine what she did with all her free time before then. Now, her life is CONSUMED with yarn, knitting supplies, knitting websites, knitting books and patterns, online knitting friends, charity knitting, and shopping at every yarn shop and craft store she finds. In the midst of all that, she actually knits. To pay for her knitting habit, she works as a performing musician, and teaches piano lessons. Her husband and grown children require some attention occasionally, but they know to wait patiently until “the end of the row” before making their requests.