Holy moly, it’s December — which means it’s on, people! The holidays are upon us. Fortunately, we have loads of cool stuff for you to create to make your winter season great! Here’s some seasonal stuff happening this month:
- Tis the season for Christmas movies, so this month on Movie Monday I’ll highlight a few of my festive faves, including Elf and A Christmas Story!
- Just in time for holiday decorating, Guest Blogger Caitlin Saino will be sharing a pattern from her book 100 Snowflakes to Crochet here on the blog on December 6th. I see be-snowflaked presents and mantels in your future!
- Teaching kids to stitch comes in handy towards the holidays as it presents the opportunity to discuss the value in handmade gifts. Check out the 2nd in my 3-part series on teaching kids to crochet for Kids’ Crafts 1-2-3 Magazine. This issue I offer a tutorial on single-crochet, plus a pattern for a cuddly snowman plushie made with Bernat Baby Blanket! The magazine is available in Walmart stores nationwide.
- Looking for quick-gift ideas to make for anyone from the postman to your best buddy? Not to worry! I’ll be posting a project idea round-up and Trend-spotting post on the blog over the next few weeks. In the meantime, please check out my Sheep(ish), crocheted Cup Cozy and knit, Ombre Cowl currently up on Joann.com!
- Oh, and speaking of Cool Stuff and great gifts, my latest book, Step It Up Knits: Take Your Skills to the Next Level with 25 Quick and Stylish Projects is filled with beautiful accessories for him, her and baby. Get the inside scoop here.
- It’s time again for another Stitch.Rock.Knit-along! Join me on Facebook or Ravelry to make a great, last-minute gift: a pair of smocked-stitch wrist warmers from the Winter Issue of Knit Simple Magazine. The knit-along officially starts on December 13th, but hop on at anytime to say, “I’m in!” and show pics of your supplies. Hope to knit with you soon!
- Keep your eyes peeled for 4 brand new Facebook Exclusive patterns this month. Like Bernat on Facebook to make sure you don’t miss out!
Don’t worry about trying to keep track of the whens and wheres of everything this month. If you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest we’ll give you the heads up each time something new comes up. Sound good? Great!