or, How to Keep Yourself Occupied Until Clue One
There are only two weeks left to prepare for the Waverly for Bernat Mystery Afghan Knit-Along and Crochet-Along, which means you only have two more weeks to memorize the order of letters in its acronym: WFBMAKALCAL. A lot of the participants have been itching to get started, so let’s take a look and see what’s been happening.
Since announcing the Bernat Forums at the beginning of January, over 2,600 Bernat fans have signed up! There are users from the United States to Sweden, England, Australia… even South Africa! Users are getting introduced while they help one another with shade choices, hook and needle recommendations, and which blanket to make (some are even making both!).
There’s been a lot of discussion about how to keep busy until the KAL/CAL begins. Here are some ideas:
- Find your perfect gauge! A couple of weeks ago we released a Gauge Tutorial to help you figure out how to get your gauge spot-on for your afghan.
- Share your Journey to a Better Gauge with other users on the Forums.
- Introduce yourself on the Forums and tell us all a little about yourself.
- Complete any UFOs (unfinished projects) floating around your house. If you can’t find any, we suggest looking in your craft room, the corners of your closet, or under your dog’s bed (you never know…). Then you can show us some cool photos of what you made!
- Finish reading that copy of War and Peace you’ve had sitting on your night table and tell us all about it on the Reading Books thread!
- Discuss with the other Forums members about what you’re doing in the meantime!
- Take up an obscure new hobby and share your adventures in the Other Hobbies thread. May we suggest beekeeping, extreme needlepoint, or cricket?
However you decide to spend your time, you should come on over to the Bernat Forums and tell us all about it! The clues will be posted to the Forums, so it’s the best place to be if you want any information first! If you’re looking for more information about the event, check out Waverly for Bernat Mystery Afghan KAL/CAL. The first clue goes out February 15!
P.S. Are you a little behind on getting your yarn? Don’t worry, because the Bernat Shop has free shipping for orders over 50$ this week! Order before February 7 to get this deal!