Finally got ’round to pinning and seaming the shoulders. I used mattress stitch for the cast-off edges, which usually looks invisible and isn’t too difficult; unfortunately, the Roving is “delicate” (after all, it is roving) and doesn’t like to be pulled too much–or else it breaks! So I’ve had to be extra careful. When its time to seam up the sides, I’m just gonna substitute another yarn in a similar color (that’s what I did with the hats).
Once seamed, it was time for the band. I picked up stitches down the front sides and ’round the back for the collar. With over 200 stitches on my circular, the knitting is now slow going–very slow. I only have to work the ribbing for 5″, but it takes a while to get through so many stitches. But I’ll get through it ‘cuz I ready to finish this project–sooooo ready to move on to something else.
There’s yarn–brightly colored and fresh–calling my name. I heed the call . . . I’m comin’. Soon.