So the body portion is done. And thankfully the measurements are okay–if not spot-on, they’re awfully close (I can live with an extra half-inch or full inch). My gauge certainly has been wonky on this project.
Onward to the sleeves! To help my knitting speed along, I decided to work the sleeves two at a time.
I thought it would be easier. It worked fine for the rib portion, but I switched to working on one sleeve once I had to introduce the striping and fair isle. I only have one ball of the teal, aqua and grass. I’d have to spend time dividing the ball equally and quite frankly, I didn’t want to spend time doing non-knitting stuff.
So far, I’m almost done the first sleeve.
Here’s hoping I can finish the second sleeve in the next week. I’m itching to put the pieces together so I can try it on.
Thus far, this project certainly has presented me with challenges. Gauge has been one. The colourwork, although enjoyable, has been challenging too. At least I’ve learned a few things about working on a colour chart: give yourself a good chunk of free time; make sure you’re not tired; and ensure the children are generally occupied in an activity that doesn not require your assistance or supervision. It helps avoid errors and general crankiness (not that I know anything about being cranky).